Dreams of Size 8 Jeans

Monday, January 23, 2006

Million Dollar MAYBE

Let me catch up for the week...

...I've been trying to watch what I eat. Sometimes I'll do really good, and others I'll make up for if I eat horribly. For instance, though I ate a Philly Steak sub with extra meat and extra mayo for lunch, I remained full for the remainder of the evening and skipped dinner....nevermind.

Monday, we went to Step Aerobics (Brina's class) and it went well. Tuesday my friggin' car was acting up and I didn't go to the gym. Thursday was cardio on the machines with some weights and ab work. And Saturday...

...Saturday was a beast.

Fanecha & I decided to go to a boxing "class" at 8:30 Saturday morning. We get there, there's no instructor and the lady at the desk didn't know what the hell we were talking about. So we decided to hit the bags anyway. I'm jabbing, crossing, uppper-cutting and hooking myself into a drenching sweat. Then this portly man eases his way over to us. After a few minutes of half-assed bickering with him (he was unprofessional and I let him know it), we figured out that he was the instructor's helper. This was at 9:05. He finally asks us if we want to get started- and we did...sort of.

After 30 minutes of hitting the bags hard, we start running laps, ab work, jumping jacks and a bunch of other crap. The instructor rolls in at about 9:30 with a bunch of teenage boys- for the boxing "team"...there is no class, but they welcomed us to stay & learn. I was on a tight schedule and had to leave. I wasn't really mad, because I still got in a great workout, but I HATE unprofessional people. By the end of the day, I was so sore & stiff in my upper back that I just wanted to curl up and cry.

Sunday, I did cardio on the machines and a little bit of ab work and some stretching. I've decided to hit the bags on Saturdays for my workout, because I really did like it. I don't think I'm going to fool with that "class"- at least not until they get their shit together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home