Dreams of Size 8 Jeans

Monday, September 26, 2005

Day 1 AGAIN- A Clean Slate!

As you all can tell, I haven't worked out or posted here since the end of March. Well, I have a renewed sense of commitment, and my pals at the HOW forum is collectively doing amongst us what I've been trying to do all along: establish a community of fitness & healthy lifestyle minded friends that can encourage and motivate each other via the internet.

Quick update:

I got a membership at the "Y" back in August, and have been exercising on a regular basis since September 11. I bought a new workout journal, and with the help of tools at the Y and their class schedules, I have what I need to establish a routine and continuity.

To date, I've been going to the gym 4 times a week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday with an optional Yoga class on Saturday). Doing 30 to 50 minutes of cardio all four days through a class or the cross country skier. I'm SUPPOSED to do mechanical weights in targeted areas all four, but depending on how much the class kicked my ass, I've slouched. I do an ab class on Thursdays and have not yet made it to the Saturday Yoga.

Now all I have to do is work on my nutrition. I did cut out fried foods for a week. Okay, I'll admit I cheated this past Friday as I went out and had fries and hot wings. And because of that, I'm extending it for another week.

I'm totally excited about this group that HOW has started. I'm hoping the original slackers can get re-motivated to get in shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home