Dreams of Size 8 Jeans

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Day 31- Back in Stride....Feelin' Fine

Monday marked the month anniversary of my health & fitness overhaul. I have to admit that I've made quite a few changes in the way that I exercise, and I really believe that it will show some progress in the long run.

I'm shooting for a 12/13 week exercise program that started on the 14th, so all in all I'll have 4 months in. I'm planning on working out 7 days a week...that's EVERYDAY! I'm giving myself the option to lay off on Saturdays, but I'll still have 6 days to put in. It's not as hard as it seems:

Mondays: Pilates; weights (chest & back)
Tuesdays: Walk/Run 2 miles; weights (shoulders & abs)
Wednesdays: Pilates; weights (triceps & biceps)
Thursday: Walk/Run 2 miles; weights (quads & hams)
Fridays: calistenics (butt & calves)
Saturdays: ab work
Sundays: aerobic class and/or elliptical workout.

DID I MENTION THAT AMERICAN FAMILY HAS FREE FAMILY SUNDAYS!!! Downside is it's only between 1 & 4...those motherfuckers REALLY think they are doing something with that shitty 3 hour window, but I'm gonna milk that baby to my benefit.

I should see some definate improvements by the end (May). After that, I'll cut back to 3 (more intense) days a week to maintain.

Breakfast was an orange, lunch was leftover coconut shrimp (4 of them), dinner was a bacon ranch salad from Mickey D's.

I did the 2 mile walk/run with Tonya, Anthony & John, and wore a sweat bag on....and my ass was sweating HARD. I ran 2 laps, y'all...1 full lap each time. Sounds small, but you gotta remember that I couldn't run at all in the beginning. I'm so proud of myself, my son told me how proud he was of me, too. That means a lot to me, to have him support me like that, and I told him it did. He still laughs at me when I put my workout gear on for Pilates, but he's a goofball anyway so I expect that from him.

Overall, I'm feeling great! A couple of people mentioned that they can see a difference in my appearance. I personally don't see it, but I can tell that my legs are getting smaller. I want to really work my calves & thighs, 'cause the rate I'm going, I'll end up looking like "The Tick"...full upper body, puny lower body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home