Dreams of Size 8 Jeans

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Day 24- Feet Don't Fail Me Now!

Did I mention that I have walked away from a cupcake AND a slice of strawberry cake???

For those that really know me, they know what an amazing feat this is 'cause I love desserts....I can never say no to a good sweet.

Breakfast was dry granola cereal. Lunch was a bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken from McDonald's. Dinner was chicken strips & collard greens. I'm more disciplined than I gave myself credit for!

I went on a walk/run with Anthony, Todd & Tonya...Marcus stopped by & did a lap with me (only one lap because he wasn't prepared...but he will be on Thursday). I did the 2 miles, and actually ran 1 full lap, and about 3 alternating half laps for a total of about 2.5 laps. I'm big on seeing progress, and I can see my running ability increasing. Of course, the saying "no pain, no gain" applies here, because I have developed shin splints. I know I need to get some shoes, but when I ran, those bad boys were killing me. I want to go to Runner Bill's in Richmond, as I heard that is THE store for running...he can custom fit me. I learned (via the internet) that I overpronate because I have flat feet, and arch/heel support will prevent injuries. I noticed that as I alternated between walking & running, the pain was slowly decreasing, but because my dumb ass forgot to put on my sports bra, my titties were hurting....so, though I could have reasonably ran more, I couldn't because "Helga & Olga" hurt too much. Geesh!

Overall, I feel good when I walk/run. I'd like to do more of it, and plan on increasing over time. I'm enjoying the new fitness journal, as it is giving me a clear view of my goals, duration & plan. I might get down to my target size after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home